Monday, October 15, 2007

a LONG weekend.....

Friday - we had a contractor come to the house to install a storage door under our stairs. Totally excited about this concept except for paying him to do the work :( but still, we'll have lots of room to store all the Christmas stuff, plus all the other random computer equipment that has nowhere to live! YAY! The only problem...I'm feeling extremely tired and rather unpleasant. It's just that point in pregnancy where I'm ready to be done and there's nothing I can do about it but be uncomfy and wait. So, I lay down on the couch for a while and watch the work but decide I need to go upstairs and lay down for a bit. I get about an hour nap before it's time to come check the work and pay the contractor. When I get up all I keep hearing is how awful I look and flushed in the face I am. Other than just being woken up from a nap and still being tired, I feel fine. Take my temp anyway and I am running a low-grade fever (100.0) ?!?! Don't know where that's coming from or why since I feel ok (not sick, just tired) so I drink fluids and ignore it. I stay down for most of the day and and keep an eye on my temp. It hovers around 99.5 - 100.0 for most of the day...go figure?!?!

Bed-time - Sleeping has been a trick the last couple weeks. I'm uncomfortable and having the craziest dreams which wake me up constantly. I am determined to sleep well tonight. I'm still feeling warm and exhausted but otherwise not feeling sick at all.....I pass out at around 12:30 am and hope for a good nights sleep. Around 3:30 the worst thing in the world happens! I threw up in my sleep and choked!! There was no point where I woke up not feeling good or anything...I just woke up to vomit!! YUCK!! I'm sure I scared Scott to death when I reached for him gasping for air...scared me to death, that's for sure! Things settled down after a few minutes and I tried to get comfy and go back to sleep. I felt a few reassuring kicks from the covers and knew Raegan must be ok and annoyed at the sleeping disturbance! (me too sweetie)

Saturday - Time to wake up and have some breakfast. I stayed in bed for a while not wanting to wake anyone up but noticed that I wasn't getting the normal "feed me" kicks that I usually do. I decided it was time to get up and get something to eat......figured I'd pump us up with some sugar to get some reaction from Raegan. 2 poptarts and some hot chocolate later, I didn't get much wiggly action :( ????? I'm starting to get a little worried but not overly anxious yet....I hop in the shower and that normally excites this little one but not today! Time to lay on the couch with a big bottle of water and start kick counts! I am getting 10 movements in an hour, but something still isnt right?? They are faint movements instead of the regular gut-wrenching ones and they are few and far between as opposed to the non-stop action I've been getting. Lunch time...maybe I can eat something again and wake her up. I'll eat some of her favorites and see what that does. Absolutely nothing! This girl just isn't interested in waking up for me! Based on the way I was feeling yesterday and the strange reaction in the middle of the night, I decide it's time to call the doctor. And, of couse, just as I expected, it's time to go to Labor and Delivery to get checked out.

Labor and Delivery - The doctor orders a non-stress test to monitor the baby's heartbeat, movements, and any contractions that I'm having. I get set up in a room, hooked to the monitor and begin watching. Raegan is perfect! Little Stinker!!! Her heartrate is right on target and it accelerating just like it's supposed to. As a matter of fact, she passes within the first 5 minutes! But....the nurse is a pinch worried....I'm having contractions about every 2-3 minutes again!! lol I didn't even know it! Time to check with the doctor on this one. Although I'm 36 weeks, it's still the gray area where we want to wait another week before letting this girl out! Doc comes right in and checks me out. Nothing has changed from Thursday's appointment so obviously these contractions aren't doing much. Also, I can't feel them very much (some I can really feel, but mostly not at all) so she says, go home, hydrate, take it easy, and come back when you can FEEL these things...then it will be time to meet your baby! Wow! So close to time to meet her! In the mean time, if I ever feel like I'm not getting a lot of movement out of her, don't hesitate to call. They would be happy to monitor me every day if I want! That place is awesome!!!

Sunday - I wanted to get a lot of work done around the house on Saturday but that didn't happen thanks to a little stinker so today's the day to get cleaned up around the house and get ready for this baby. Time to pack a hospital bag, put the storage containers under the stairs, get the spare bedrooms ready, etc. I worked some, rested some, worked some more, and rested some more. Lots of wiggly, painful kicks and pokes today so that was very reassuring. I don't know what was up with her yesterday, but glad that she's back to normal today!

The Call - My mom called Sunday evening. I was in the garage cleaning up the Crayola Paint stuff that Grant has been playing with the day before. Scott comes out and hands me my cell phone..."It's your Mom, it's not good news...." I put the phone to my ear and hear dogs going crazy and a lot of screaming. I wait, now scared to death...what in the world is happening over there?!?!?! Things calm down and I wait to hear what in the world has happened over there. I assume one of the Danes must have turned on Chloe or something....My mom says: "Alice called today...." My Uncle Tom (her hubby) suffered a stroke in April and hasnt quite recovered yet...I thought for sure that something had happened to Uncle Tom. "Aunt Liz died today....."

Aunt Liz is my Dad's youngest sister. We don't know much at this point. Only that she wasn't feeling well on Sunday morning and they ended up called for an ambulance. Her daughter Beth Ann called from the hospital and let my Aunt Alice know what had happened. :(

Please send some prayers our way...this was completely unexpected and so difficult to believe. I'm now struggling with the fact that I'm full term and can't leave the area without the risk of delivering so I won't be able to make it to the funeral. I want to be there for my family but also have to know what's best for my daughter.
Here are 2 dragonflies.....one for my Dad and one for Aunt Liz.....may they both now know the beauty of their new bodies together and share in joys with each other until we are all reunited again one day....

No comments: