Saturday, October 6, 2007

35 weeks...it's almost here!

Week 35 hit on Thursday! It's hard to believe that there are only a mere 5 weeks left until my due date! The time will be here before we know it that we'll be walking out of the door as a family of three and back through the door as 4! Amazing.....

Thursday also brought my another doctor's appointment. My weight is excellent, although I'm nervous to watch the scale climb. I gained 5 pounds in the 2 weeks since my last appointment. That is 3 more than normal, but no worries there. I'm still in the low 20's for weight gain and every ounce of it is in my belly so the doctors are happy there. My blood pressure was the normal low 98/60 and all is good there too. Raegan's heart was pounding steady at 145 bpm (I won the bet!...Scott and I take guesses on where it is going to land) and the nurse was amazed that my belly was ALL BABY! hehe Yep, she takes up every square inch down there!

When the doc came in finally, after being called off to labor and delivery upstairs for a bit, we did my exam and my Group B Strep swab. The exam showed that I've increased to about 70% effaced and am about 1/2 cm dialated!! Woohooo!!! Only 9 1/2 more to go! We also talked about the pro's and con's of an epidural and because of another procedure that I'm going to have to have done right before delivery we collectively decided that an epidural is the route to go. I was up in the air and willing to give it a go with no meds....but I don't think that will work out in the end.

Also, time for the belly measurement.....this is the :\ part of the day. Remember my last appointment included an ultrasound because my stomach was measuring about 2 weeks behind (a 31 instead of a 33 at my 33 week appointment and 30 instead of 31 at my 31 week appointment). Well, this time it is worse.....I'm now measuring 4 weeks behind. Which means, in the two weeks since my last appointment my belly hasn't grown at all even though I gained 5 pounds. This could be that Raegan isn't getting enough nutrition in the womb or that my amniotic fluid has decreased and she's running out of it.....or.....it could mean nothing and my belly is just very little because of the way I've been carrying her. It was enough of a change to make the doc seem quite nervous and want to schedule another ultrasound for next week. So, at 36 weeks I'll go back for another checkup/exam, check the results of the GBS test, and have an ultrasound done to measure my fluid levels and measure her. Depending on what we find, there may be a need to schedule an induction or it could be nothing and we'll just see what happens and progress naturally....?!?! We'll see in a few days!

Otherwise all is well here. Only a few Braxton Hicks contractions to report these days so they've slowed back down again. I bet the next time they hit hard again, it will be time to meet baby! I can hardly believe that it's almost time!! Where has this year gone?!?!

Don't forget to make your guess on her birthday and size to the right at the ExpectNet Baby Pool box! There is no money or registration required. Might want to start now instead of waiting because she could be here sooner than later........

No comments: