Monday, October 15, 2007

36 Week Appointment & Ultrasound

Thursday was my weekly doctor's appointment to check everything out, along with a scheduled ultrasound to check Raegan's size relative to my fundal height measurement since it was a little small.

The ultrasound was first and I must say, I was quite pleased with how it turned out in comparison to last time. I thought for sure that we wouldn't see much of anything since she must be squished...but boy was I wrong. Silly girl pushed up into my uterus a little further than before to give a great view of her face! :) How nice. We did measurements first since that was the reason for the u/s. All was well which was excellent news. She weighed in at approximately 5 pounds 9 ounces and measured over-all at a pinch under 36 weeks...she's just a petite girl! Her individual measurements were as follows: Head - 36 weeks; Abdomen - 34 weeks; Femur bone (upper leg) - 33 weeks. So she's a bit skinny and pretty short, but has a "big head" :) My amniotic fluid levels were perfect....6-12 cm is normal for this stage and I was 12! Can't beat that! Raegan was kind enough to hold relatively still for most of the ultrasound so it gave us the ability to get really good measurements and a chance to stare at all of her features! It was so cute...she yawned while we were watching her!!!! Gosh, I just can't wait to meet this girl for real! The 4-D photos we got were amazing even though she is starting to look a little squashed. I'm sure she's as ready to stretch out and meet us as we are to meet her (well, at least I like to tell myself that, although she probably really would rather stay warm and comfy inside of me...)

Then for my vitals....weighed in at 148!! Gosh, I'm about to "make the jump" to the next bottom bar on the scale! YIKES! 30 pounds?!?! Still totally normal but WOW! I definitely beat their guess of only gaining like 15-20 pounds! I must say that I have no idea where that weight is though b/c I'm only carrying in the front without extra fat anywhere that I can find AND my belly is measuring little?!?! So who knows...but as long as we're both healthy, who cares! My blood pressure was 110/70, so it's starting to climb back to a bit more normal level instead of almost non-existant and baby's heartbeat was 138 .

Off to see the doctor now....a short and sweet visit. She was happy with the measurements of the ultrasound. Although some of her is measuring behind, she isn't worried because that is how it's always been and a normal growth pattern for her. She is in the 26th percentile for babies her age, so doing well :) I was checked and moved to 80% effaced and 1 cm dialated. So, back in a week for another recheck; and if we still haven't meet this girl by 39 weeks, we'll do another ultrasound just to check everything out one more time. Hopefully I'll have her in my arms before then though!!!


No comments: