Friday, September 28, 2007

A Long Absence.....

So much for me keeping up and posting regularly! Sorry everyone. I have been totally off of the computer for the last week - after being on bedrest and having the computer in my face for a week I was ready for a break!

So, last Thursday (September 20th) I had my follow-up Dr. appointment to the bedrest appointment the week before. We also got to have our ultrasound (probably the last) to confirm that Raegan is growing on track and everything is ok since my belly is measuring small. The appointment went really well and they even said that with her size and my testing (effaced still but not dialating at all) that it would be safe to get up off of the couch and enjoy the rest of my pregnancy...in moderation. So the results...off of bedrest, but still taking it easy; using the Terbutaline as needed for contractions (which have almost stopped completely again!!! YAY); and Raegan is growing right on schedule. At last appointment with the ultrasound, they measured her at 4 pounds 4 ounces (I was exactly 33 weeks). At this point, I'd say she's probably up another 1/2 pound or so...so she's probably just shy of 5 pounds now! Big Girl! :) I'm totally healthy and have completely normal weight gain...she is just soooo low that I'm measuring small. Her head has completely invaded my pelvic bone and the u/s tech actually had an impossible time looking at her because of how far down she's squished herself! But, nothing wrong with that! As a matter of fact, I assume that since she's so low, once I go into labor and reach 10 cm, the pushing part should be FAST! because of how low she is and that she is already engaging. So that's good for me.

I keep getting the question "Do you think you'll have her early?". Honestly, I wish I had the answer to that one. I really HATE not knowing what's going to happen. There is no way to tell when I am going to go into labor. One day I think that it could happen within the next three weeks. Other days I swear that I'm probably going to have to be induced 2 weeks after my due date. There is just no way of knowing and nothing that I feel indicates anything. Scott swears that I'll probably go into labor in the 20's of October. I thought that too at first, but I wasn't right about the sex so I hate to take guesses about this and then get my hopes up. I guess we'll know when she's ready. I want to hang tight and keep her baking until 36 weeks - after that, I'll totally be ready to shake her out! I'm anxious to meet this little girl! And, she is already having a tricky time fitting into my belly...so X number of weeks growing to go and I don't know what I'll do! She's actually moving my stomach from right to left now! Freaky!!! lol So, we'll see....hopefully sooner than later...but whatever is best for her is when I want her to come.

We're just about completely ready for her here at the house. This week, after the gifts and shopping adventure last weekend, we washed everything and got it all put together and put away. I'm so excited to see everything ready to go for her. It makes me want to meet her that much quicker! I've finally taken photos of her room since it's ready to go (other than the rocking chair) for everyone to see. I hope you love it as much as we do! It's so exciting to see all of that pink and purple! It's a girl...that's for sure! :)

I want to say a quick and HUGE thank you to everyone for the help and participation last weekend! I had a wonderful time and I really appreciate the outpouring with such short notice! It was so good to get out of the house and see everyone. Can't wait for our next meeting - with Raegan in arms! :)

Here's the ultrasound photos from the last 2 sessions (29 weeks and 33 weeks)! Can you believe how amazing these things are?!?!?!


29 weeks - can you see her smile :)



29 weeks - Already pouting about something?!?!





29 weeks - sleeping soundly





33 weeks - she doesn't fit on the screen anymore!




33 weeks - can you see her eyeball (dot in center of eye)?


We actually got to watch her look around! Amazing!!


No comments: